Behaviour Education and Self-Management
Tapping PS is proud to be a lighthouse school for the implementation of the â€śPlay Is The Wayâ€ť program. This philosophy is the cornerstone of our Behaviour Education and Self Management approach. We see BESM (Behaviour Education and Self Management) as a responsibility of the entire school community.Â Students, parents and teachers need to have a clear understanding of what is expected, in regards to how we treat each other, to ensure a welcoming learning environment that is supportive and safe.
â€śBehaviour education is most effective when built into, not onto curriculum.â€ť
Our belief is that PLAY IS THE WAYâ„˘ program is the most effective way to achieve our objective of socially and emotionally competent children.
â€śBehaviour is shaped by the sum total of regular and frequent lessons that create small but meaningful changes over a long and sustained period of time.â€ť
-Wilson McCaskill (Founder â€“ PLAY IS THE WAYâ„˘)
Training students to be in control of their thoughts, feelings and actions allows them to harness their many and varied abilities and skills to pursue the abundant pathways to success in life.
The PLAY IS THE WAYâ„˘ program of physically interactive games with its philosophy and supporting language achieves the following outcomes:
- Develops positive social behaviour.
- Creates a shared body of experience that is used to build relationships.
- Highlights the benefits of managing emotions and working together.
- Develops optimism and the ability to bounce back.
- Encourages self-motivation and the capacity to persevere.
- Initiates a process of self-awareness and discovery.
- Creates a positive tone and safe school culture.
- Fun, excitement and challenge.