At Tapping Primary School, the adoption of technology to enhance teaching, learning and management is a means to optimising student potential. The ability to locate, analyse, synthesise and communicate appropriate information of good quality is an essential skill in todayâ€™s information-rich society. It is therefore important, to develop these skills in our students and staff. Technology is a tool for change, for learning, communication and collaboration. It can be integrated into all learning areas that allow the teacher to act as a facilitator in an environment of co-operative learning.
With our growing student population, Tapping Primary now has one computer lab and a mini- lab for seniors, both able to accommodate a whole class, as well as between three and six computers in every class room, to help support and enhance research skills that students need to be equipped with in our ever changing world.
Tapping Primary School has developed a comprehensive and integrated approach to incorporate ICT within the curriculum, with a committed group of ICT leaders within the school dedicated to working side by side with staff and students in both junior primary and upper primary to ensure a focused approach to develop our ICT programmes.
Currently we have a dynamic ICT programme which includes:
- Interactive Whiteboards:Â We currently have 27 Interactive Whiteboards, one in every classroom in the school and teachers are involved in ongoing learning and staff collaboration to maximise the effectiveness of this valuable resource. We believe the interactive whiteboards are a tool to engage students when exploring a range of concepts in the classroom and linking thinking to the â€˜outside worldâ€™.
- Basic Computer Skills:Â Students are involved in focused sessions to develop their basic computer skills as they learn how to effectively navigate through computer programs and become â€˜computer literateâ€™.
- Online Teaching and Learning System:Â Introducing students to the internet with a focus on cyber safety by learning activities that are completed online as a means to reinforce and further engage students to develop understandings and skills.
- Extensive Programs:Â Students are given the opportunity to be exposed to software such as Super Duper Music Looper and Audacity to enhance their final product.
- Claymation:Â At times students are involved in filming movies as they are required to create, design and develop characters and backdrops to develop their own movie. A user -friendly software specialised to develop Claymation movies is introduced to students to ensure an enjoyable experience.