Visitors to the School Policy
- The principal has primary responsibility for regulating the conduct of visitors on school premises.
- School security staff are only permitted to be on the school premises during
normal school hours when invited to attend by the principal and remain under the
principal’s direction. At these times, it is the role of security staff to assist the
principal in maintaining good order on school premises.
- The provisions in the School Education Regulations 2000 relating to the
management and control of government school premises do not apply to students
of the school during normal school hours.
- The principal or school staff must not detain or attempt to detain any visitor on
school premises as provided in section 120(3) of the School Education Act 1999
as this is the responsibility of the police and/or security staff. However, the
principal or school staff must ensure the safety and welfare of staff and students
on school premises by employing protective behaviours that may include in
extreme cases the restraint of visitors.
- The district director will review any direction or order given by a principal when
requested by the person subject to the direction or order.
- Apart from parents/carers delivering students to school prior to the start of the school
day or collecting students at the end of the school day, all visitors are required to
report to the front office of the administration block before proceeding to other parts
of the school.
- All visitors except contracted workers (electrician, lawn mowing contractor etc) with
easily identifiable badges or clothing logos are expected to sign the “Sign In Sign
Out” book on arrival and at departure from the school.
- Visitors are given badges to wear to show they have authorized business on school
grounds unless they are wearing a clear identification badge of their own.
- Any person who comes to the school to work with individual or groups of students or
participate on excursions is required to have a Police Clearance or complete a “Confidential Declaration”. Departmental employees will automatically be considered to have one.
- A copy of the “Confidential Declaration” for the current year is to be found on the
shared drive (S:) under Administration/All Staff.
- “Confidential Declaration Register” A register of parents who have a
“Confidential Declaration” for the current year will be placed on the shared drive (S:)
for access and checking by staff prior to inviting parents to participate in school
- “Confidential Declarations” will be valid for the current year unless there is reason to
cancel the declaration.
- “Confidential Declarations” will be retained by the office and shredded at the end of
- Dogs are not permitted on the school grounds, even if on leashes, due to health,
safety and cultural concerns.
- Please report to admin anyone who does not comply with these guidelines.
- The principal may request unauthorized people to leave the school grounds.
For more info, please check the pdf: Visitors to the School Policy